Friday, March 30, 2012

Necklaces


Butterfly necklace was constructed using a bead pattern for the butterfly charm found on Etsy.  The charm was brick stitched (my first brick stitch project) and I used 11/0 seed beads.  The necklace was strung with various size/shape beads that matched the color palate of the butterfly.




Chillies necklace was made using a pattern for chilies that I found on Etsy, then I decided to make 3 chillies in different colors and string them on wire with orange nuggets and red coral beads.  I made the circular pendant using peyote stitch and 11/0 seed beads.

Daisy chain necklace was made using a video found on jewelrymakingprofessor.com. The daisy was made using dagger beads in 2 colors and then I strung the connected the beads (not certain of the size) using head pins.  The necklace is as asymmetrical and very cute.


Daisy elegance necklace was a free pattern found on the internet.  Using the daisy stitch to complete and 11/0 seed beads with 15/0 seed beads for embellishment, I completed this project within a few days.  It is a lot of work but worth every minute.

Garden Necklace was a free design that I found on the internet and I really love the triangle weave. This was made with 4mm rounds (2 colors) and 4mm swarovski crystals (2 colors) and some 15/0 seed beads for embellishments.  Finished with a silver twist clasp.

Green Purple, Pink necklace is a multi-strand stringing work that I made using different size/shape beads in the aforementioned three colors.  I added this amazing silver antique filigree pendant that really adds a nice sophistication to an otherwise plain design. Finished with a lobster clasp.


Knights necklace was inspired by a chainmaille design on jewelrylessons.com. This chandelier design incorporates the Byzantine chainmaille technique and some varying stones and beads.  Jump ring sizes are 3mm, 5mm, 9mm, and 10mm.  This was finished with an extender and lobster clasp.

This Necklace and earrings set was one of my first jewelry projects and I actually sold it to a customer when I showed her the pieces I had completed.  I found the pendant at (Michaels) and I should have bought more because I have not been able to find another one like it.  The beads were also from Michaels, and again, I should I have bought more because they were on sale and discontinued. This was a simple stringing project and it was finished with a twist clasp.

One of my favorite chokers is the Purple Parade.  I used the Peyote spiral technique (also known as the cellini spiral).  Tutorials can be found on youtube and I encourage all to learn this extremely versatile stitch.  Using varying sized beads (11/0, 8/0, and 6/0) in varied shades of purple, this project took quite awhile to work up, but it was so worth it. This was finished with cone shaped bead caps and a lobster clasp.

Another wire project, I created the pendant from 18 gauge copper plated wire and then strung chips onto the pendant to embellish.  I also strung chips and 4mm gold colored beads onto the necklace strand.  I really love this necklace, it is so organic looking.  This was finished with a lobster clasp.

This is my first take on Russian spiral which I learned using a video on jewelrymakingprofessor.com. Beads used were size 15/0,11/0, 8/0, and 4mm. I finished using cone bead caps and a hook and eye clasp.


Another one of my first projects was the Turtle necklace which I made using a turtle pendant from Michaels and 6mm different color/shape beads.  I also used 15/0 beads and larger beads (10mm I think) near the pendant.  This was finished with a twist clasp.

St. Petersburg necklace was inspired by a design on jewelrymakingprofessor.com. I used 11/0 and 8/0 seed beads and black disc beads (not certain the diameter). This was a fun stitch to use and I love the unique quality of the necklace. Finished with a lobster clasp.

This was my first multi-strand necklace and I made it for my sister.  She had some beads that she wanted me to incorporate into a necklace and I came up with the necklace below.  I used a variety of seed beads to string onto 2 different lengths of wire and then I finished with a twist clasp.

No comments:

Post a Comment