Monday, March 4, 2013

Very Busy Bee That Is Me

So I have been sick and now my husband is sick again, seems like we keep passing the same symptoms back and forth. I can't wait until the winter is gone!

With that said, I am actually feeling better (hopefully it lasts) and so I was able to get back to beading. I am participating in the 7th annual Bead Soup Party and glad to say that I am almost done with my creation, however, the reveal date is not until March 30, 2013, so stay tuned to see how I took a few choice beads from Hungarian artisit Eva, and introduced my special twist of artisitc capabilities.

In turn, I also have a bracelet to deliver, a metallic version of my Rainbow Feathers Bracelet:


The colors really dazzle in the light, however, I finished this late at night so the picture is quite muted.

 I used snaps on this bracelet, and I think they will be a staple for my bracelets, they lend a neat and seamless look to the bracelet and I love the security of a snap.

In turn, I have also completed a little wire pendant experiment. This piece was actually a complete accident and really, I went so far, I felt I might as well finish because to waste so much wire is unthinkable in my book.

One good thing about this is that I was able to practice my wire-weaving skills, which is always a plus and I was able to play with pigments, which lended some color and opened up some ideas for future projects.

Moving on, I have decided that I am going to take part in two (2) Etsy Beadweavers events:

* The first is the Etsy Monthly Challenge, which is Shades of Scheherazade and centers around the maiden who attempted to save her life by telling 1001 tales to the king. I did extensive research on this and finally found my muse:

Persian Cornflower

I will debut the finished piece by April 5, 2013 in my Etsy shop.  In addition, voting for the Etsy challenge will begin on April 9, 2013, so follow the link and vote for your favorite piece http://www.etsy-beadweavers.blogspot.com/.

* The Etsy Swap is another event that I have signed up for, this event allows us to be partnered up with another team memeber, mine is Ginny, she is a geologist who lives in New Mexico. Her shop Njema features beautiful pieces, so I am excited to see what she creates.  A hint as to what I am working on involes the following:

 Geologist Hammer
Tiger Eye Stones

I don't want to ruin the surprise so I will just let you r imagination wander until I reveal my piece on April 30, 2013.

Lastly, I am going to try to submit a piece for the Art Bead Scene March Monthly Challenge, where a piece of art is chosen and we are to creat a piece featuring an art bead that manifests the nature of the art work.  March is featuring an oil canvas painting ("Deer in the Forest" 1911) by Marc Franz.

I am going to try to submit a OOAK bead made by myself but if it turns out a disaster, I am going to abandon ship immediately and just wait for the April challenge.  I will post my finished piece on March 27, 2013.


I am keeping myself busy but I don't mind too much, as long as I can still maintain all my other responsibilities, the months of March and April will be extremely eventful and full of color, unique jewelry from yours truly.

Until next time, Happy Beading/Creating/Living

No comments:

Post a Comment