Sunday, July 7, 2013

Dimensional Diamonds

This is a design by Angie Weathers from the book Stitch Workshop: Peyote Stitch.  I have had this book for a couple of years, it is one of the first books I purchased when I started beading and I wanted to bead a simple bracelet, something that was pretty mundane without a bunch of steps and stitch changes. I love the end result and the bracelet fits perfectly and it only took a few days to complete.


11/0 delicas and seed beads were used to make the bracelet, the different shape of the seed beads allows the diamonds to seem as if they are rising out from the background


Two colors of 11/0 delicas were used, amber and copper brown and the seed beads are a cream color



Up close view, the closure is beaded with a 8mm pearl (the project is originally a bangle but I started to run short on beads so I improvised)


The finished size of the bracelet is approximately 6.5 inches


Back view


Ultimately, this was an easy project that allowed me to just enjoy the simplicity of the even count, one drop, peyote stitch

No comments:

Post a Comment