Monday, October 29, 2012

Fallen Leaves Bangle EBW

I love the fall, especially the colors of the leaves as they transform from green to various shades of yellow, pink, red, orange, purple and brown. I live in the Maryland area and the trees that align the highway and in the yards are like a autumn rainbow.

The November EBW challenge is Squares and Circles and I chose to depict a deconstructed tree in the fall. Each "leaf" is represented by a cube that corresponds with a shade of an autumn leaf (there are 10). The tree "bark" is represented by a gold and brown circle that holds the "leaves"

Unlike an ordinary tree, the leaves on this bangle will never completely fade to brown and while the leaves move across the bark, they definitely will not fall off and blow away. You get to keep the beautiful fall colors all year long. 


I truly enjoyed this project and this is one of my first successful Cubic right angle weave (CRAW) projects.  This project gave me a great chance to master a beautiful weave and while I was intimidated by the thought of creating 10 CRAw cubes, I took on the challenge and regardless of the outcome, it is one of my proudest moments in beading.

To vote for your favorite piece, please visit our blog at http://etsy-beadweavers.blogspot.com between November 9-15.






No comments:

Post a Comment