Sunday, August 11, 2013

Calypso Ring

I finished my August Challenge piece for OTTBS, the theme is Tropical Colors



The rules included using at least 4 of the six colors and to limit any additional colors outside of those featured above: Yellow, Orange, Purple, Turquoise, Lime Green and Red.

In addition, you could use a crystal rivoli and have your piece entered twice.

Normally I would not combine these colors, however, since I do use a myriad of colors in my pieces, I happened to have all the colors in my stash.

I chose an orange 14mm crystal rivoli and bezeled it with plum delica seed beads and turquoise seed beads.


Then building on a design by Jean Power from Geometric Beadwork


I added two layers of petals using delicas in red, yellow, and lime in the front


FRONT

And red, yellow and lime delicas in the back


BACK

I accentuated the petals with turquoise beads


 And created a turquoise band


This is a wonderfully dimensional floral piece and the ring is comfortable and fun to wear.








No comments:

Post a Comment