Monday, August 26, 2013

Rosie's Scarf Bracelets

I finished my bead swap pieces  (theme was Rosie the Riveter) and sent them to my partner, and she loved them :-).

I was inspired by the red polka dot head scarf....




The first is a literal replica of Rosie's polka dot head scarf


I thought that this clasp looked a bit Targetey (Target store logo), so I made it reversible


Now it looks like a bullseye but I prefer it over Target logo...
(Love Target by the way, just don't wanna wear their logo....sorry partner)


I used herringbone stitch and varied the size and shape of the polka dots.  This was completely freeform and since I do not work with herringbone stitch often, I am super proud of the outcome.  The clasp is done in circular flat brick stitch (another newbie for me)


I finished it with silver tone snaps...love to use snaps as my closure. It ended up pretty wide (about 2 inches) 


This bracelet is an abstract polka dot interpretation.  The glass bead features speckles in red, yellow white and blue and it was handmade by Tiffany Goff of Southern Gals Designs


I used a simple technique of stringing and created a multi-strand bracelet.


With some rondelles and a silver tone lobster clasp, this bracelet is delicate and sophisticated.

No comments:

Post a Comment