Friday, March 30, 2012

Jewelry Making





I am new to blogging but I have been making jewelry since last year and I am totally obsessed with all things jewelry.  I am completely self-taught and so far, I have dabbled in bead weaving and wire work.  I hope to start with polymer clay soon, but I have so many projects under my belt right now, that polymer clay will have to wait.

The bracelet above (Red Wave Mosaic) was one of my first free form peyote designs.  I used 15/0 seed beads in varying red/pink colors and also incorporated red colored gemstones in a variety of shapes. There is a red button closure included and the bracelet is really a dream to wear.

This projected started as a strip of peyote stitched 15/0 beads and I really did not know where to go with it, so I sat it to the side for months.  Then one day I just picked it up again and started adding increases, then the gems came into play, and after a few days of work, I finally came to a point where I found that I had completed something quite unique.

The "waves" are created by increasing and decreasing within the peyote stitch; many of the gems are also bezeled in order to give then a more enclosed look.



No comments:

Post a Comment